The fabric of American empire ought to rest on the solid basis of the consent of the people. the streams of national power ought to flow from that pure, original foundation of all legitimate authority.
1) which of the following constitutional principles was Hamilton referencing?
B)checks and balances
C)separation of powers
We the people of united States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the united states of American.
2) which statement best expresses the concerns of the founders of the American government ?
A) their focus was to create a government that protected the nation from foreign enemies.
B) their focus was to create a government that protected the nation from domestic threats.
C)their focus was to create a nation that protected national interests over individual rights
D) their focus was to create a government that protected all aspects of the nation and its people.
3) which of the following is an example of checks and balances?
A) reporters moderating debates during election campaigns
B)supreme court appointments being approved by the senate
C)states being forced to adopt national education standards
D) the establishment of political action committees
4) what was the purpose of the three-fifths compromise?
A) to provide a balance between small and large states
B)to satisfy slave states in order to secure ratification
C) to limit the length of the presidential term
D) to determine the qualifications of the judicial branch
5) which of the following parts of the constitution serves as its introduction?